Changing your account details

It is important that you keep us updated of any changes to your personal circumstances that affect your mortgage with NRAM. Please contact us if you wish to discuss any changes, or see the information below.

Change your name or address

To change your correspondence address details, please contact us so that we can understand your circumstances and take you through the process. 

To change your name we require the necessary legal documents and authorised signature(s). To start this process, please print off and complete the relevant form below and return this to the address quoted on the document.

Request change of name

Request a change of parties

If as a result of a change in personal circumstances, such as marriage or divorce, you need to change the names of the people registered to your mortgage account, a change of parties can be requested. This can be complex and you will usually need to involve a solicitor, so you must call us to discuss this process.

Request third party authority

To enable a third party to discuss or request details of your mortgage account on your behalf, we must have a valid authority signed by all parties to your mortgage. This can be done by printing off and completing the form below and then returning it to the address quoted on the bottom of the form.

Third party request form

Any third party to whom authority is given will be unable to make material changes to your mortgage account, for example, changing personal or bank details. Any authority remains in place for the term of the mortgage unless you give notice that you wish that it is withdrawn.

Transfer of equity

If you are changing the legal ownership of your home (adding or removing someone from the mortgage), due to marriage or divorce for example, you need to complete a transfer of equity. This process can be complex and you will usually need to involve a solicitor. If you want to change the ownership of your home please contact us and we will be happy to take you through the process.

For more information and guidance on Divorce and Separation, please see our Personal Support section

How to notify us of a bereavement

Following the loss of a loved one we understand there are lots of arrangements to be made and that this can be a distressing time. We're here to help you through this difficult time by making the process of notifying us as easy as we can.

In the first instance we recommend you speak to us by calling our team on 0330 159 9610* and we will explain what you need to do next.

For more resources and information regarding Bereavement please visit our Personal Support section.

Alternatively you may prefer to write to us, if so please see below for further information about what you will need to send us and where to send the information to.

You will need to send us:

  • The full name of the deceased customer and mortgage account number, if known.
  • Your full name, address and contact number.
  • The full name and address of the personal representative of the estate (if different from above).
  • The original Death Certificate or certified copy of the Death Certificate
    If a copy, this must be certified by a solicitor.
  • If obtained, a sealed copy of the grant of probate/ certificate of confirmation.

You will need to send the above to:

PO BOX 624,

All original documents will be returned to you via recorded delivery.

If you have any questions or would like to speak to us please ring 0330 159 9610*